Often referred to as “liquid gold” for its premium qualities and versatility, argan oil is used as hair conditioner, skin moisturizer, and softener for both hair and skin. The successful and effective results from the use of argan oil have made this Moroccan product increasingly popular and this review will tell you why.
Is Argan Oil Good For Your Hair?
Argan oil has high quantities of vitamin E, which has been proven extremely important for the hair because of its antioxidant properties that help to boost healthy cellular growth to produce a healthy growth of hair. Vitamin E has, in fact, been utilized time and time again to re-grow hair. Hair products with argan oil restore moisture, provide shine, and repair split ends.
Combining pure argan oil with other hair products is beneficial to those with thin or thinning hair as this helps create volume and fullness. Because of its unsaturated fatty acids content, argan oil is, in fact, a potent solution to any hair issues, including hair loss, in the form of shampoos, conditioners, sprays, serums, hair masks, foam, and mousse.
Phenomenal by itself in providing hydration, repair, protection, and balance for damaged hair that may lead to hair loss, argan oil acts as a scalp moisturizer in fighting off dryness and dandruff. Its regular use prevents brittleness and subsequent thinning of hair. It can reverse some damage that result from chemical treatments like hair color, hair relaxer, and hair rebond.
Overview of the Best Argan Oil Hair Products
Here is a quick run-through of the best argan oil hair products available on the market today:
Pura d’or 100% Pure & USDA Organic Argan Oil
This product has been certified by the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) as 100% organic and bottled in the U.S. You can use this Moroccan import for treating not only hair but skin and nails as well.
>> Check out the Pura d’or Argan Oil
Aside from treating brittle, dry, frizzy or damaged hair, this product can also give you the following benefits with regular use:
- Treatment of dark under-eye circles.
- Reduction of facial blemishes.
- Treatment of psoriasis.
- Fade facial and body scars such as acne.
- Facial moisturizer.
- Delays skin aging.
- Treatment of eczema.
- Reduction of fine lines and wrinkles.
Hydrating Argan Oil Hair Mask by Arvazallia
Infused with argan oil, this hair mask deeply conditions to hydrate the hair. Paraben- and sulfate-free, you don’t need to steam this mask in.
>> Click here to see reviews, ratings and price
Apply the mask to hair that has been towel dried and leave it between five and seven minutes and rinse thoroughly. Here are some of the benefits from this product:
- Helps make hair soft, silky, and smooth.
- Helps detangle hair.
- Protects and shields the hair against heat from hairstyling tools like hair dryers and curling irons.
- Improve hair’s manageability.
- Enhances the color of color-treated hair.
- Provides hair with gloss and shine.
- Helps nourish and strengthen brittle or over-processed hair.
Moroccanoil Moisture Repair Shampoo & Conditioner Combo Set
The shampoo is infused with argan oil, keratin, essential fatty acids, and proteins that improve your health’s overall quality. Safe to use on color-treated hair, it has no sulfates, parabens or phosphates.
>> Check out the shampoo & conditioner Special Edition set!
This shampoo replenishes your hair’s moisture and repairs chemically-damaged hair. Here are its other benefits:
- Prevents split ends that may cause hair strand breakage.
- Gives hair shine and gloss.
- Controls hair frizz and static.
- Provides long-lasting hold for hair before styling without stickiness.
- Adds volume and fullness to limp hair.
The conditioner, on the other hand, is the most compatible product with Moroccanoil shampoo and, like it, is sulfate, paraben, and phosphate-free. Safe to use for all hair types, this conditioner enhances color-treated hair in a similar way as the shampoo does. It contains organically-certified argania spinosa kernel from which the oil is extracted. Take a look at some of its other features:
- A naturally rich source of vitamins E, A, and C.
- Contains the essential fatty acid Omega-6, among others.
- With antioxidant properties to protect against pollution, chemical effects of hair styling products, and heat damage from hair styling tools.
- Contains the natural moisturizer known as squalene.
Vizeri Beauty Premium Argan Oil Shampoo and Conditioner
The unparalleled blend of argan oil, rose hip oil, aloe vera, witch hazel, and the Matricaria flower make this Vizeri duo an excellent choice for those who have brittle, dry, thin, limp, dull or frizzy hair.
>> Get this paraben and sulfate-free shampoo and conditioner
Both restore shine and softness to hair, increase elasticity, strengthen the hair shaft, and provide natural protection against harmful UV rays. Its other benefits include:
- Hair that is manageable for easy styling.
- Get hair that detangles gently.
- High moisture is provided to hair without the heaviness.
- Hydrates the scalp.
- Leaves no build-up or residue on the scalp.
Agadir Argan Oil Volumizing Styling Mousse
With Agadir’s Argan Oil Volumizing Styling Mousse, you can achieve long-lasting hair styles throughout the day without using products loaded with harmful chemicals. Additionally, this product can prevent your scalp from drying and itching. It adds fullness to your hair so it can be sculpted and lifted into the style of your choice.
>> Check out the Agadir Argan Oil Mousse
This mousse not only detangles hair it also controls frizz, smoothens hair strands, and hydrates hair follicles so they can increase production of new cells. This product provides shine even to damaged, over-processed, and dry hair. There are numerous features of this great, chemical-free product but these stand out to make it a popular choice of professional salon:
- Provides lasting shine to hair for up to 24 hours.
- Enriched with vitamin E and antioxidants that act as natural sunscreens for hair.
- Shield hair strands and follicles against heat from hair styling tools and chemicals in hair treatment products such as those used for relaxing and rebonding.
- Helps repair and condition damaged hair.
Okay great… But, what about heat hairstyling tools?
Even when you use argan oil-based products, the heat from hair styling tools such as curling or straightening irons and hair dryers can cause your scalp to dry and your to become brittle and result in split ends. The Argan Heat Ceramic Straightening Iron ups the ante by infusing its ceramic plate with argan oil. Here are what make this hair styling tool unique in its class:
- Hair is provided with brilliant shine.
- The argan oil-infused ceramic plates help give hair nutrients such as vitamin E, essential fatty acids, and Omega-6 when in use.
- Effectively eliminates hair frizz.
- Preserves the hair’s integrity and color, when in use, to rejuvenate dull hair shade and revive hair health.
Babyliss Pro One ‘n Only Argan Heat Ceramic Straightening Iron
Incredible shine, smoothness like silk, and reduced frizz, breakage, and split ends are what you get when you use the Babyliss Pro One ‘n Only Argan Heat Ceramic Straightening Iron.
>> See reviews, ratings, and availability of the Babyliss flat iron
Babyliss transforms pure argan oil into powder and blends it with ceramic before infusion into the straightening iron’s plates, grille, and barrel. Take a look at what makes this hair styling tool a winner:
- The surfaces of the plates and barrel are smooth and sleek to create an unprecedented glide.
- The argan oil infusion provides protection against heat especially when the straightening iron’s setting is on high.
- Additional benefits include protection against fading and dryness of color-treated hair, conditioning and strengthening of hair strands before and after the use of hair styling tools.
- Argan oil helps keep hair straight longer throughout the day.